twitter




Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Can I completely cancel a credit card I just signed up for?

I have recovering credit (which is the %26#039;%26#039;good%26#039;%26#039; rating now as far as Experian Equifax, and Transunion are concerned). I only have two credit cards and decided to go for one more. I signed up for a First Premier Platinum that I got in the mail. I haven%26#039;t gotten my card and it%26#039;s been 3 weeks. I called and they told me to wait two more days and my first payment was due on the 16th of this month. (they charge you $179 in activation fees on sign up for the $500 card).I%26#039;ve read nothing but complaints and horror stories NONSTOP about First Premier. Being that it%26#039;s been less than 30 days and I haven%26#039;t received, activated, or used my card, can I cancel this account with minimal damage to my credit history? Will it be mostly for the inquiry or will it show and open and closed account as well? And if so, would that open/closed account hurt my score?



Can I completely cancel a credit card I just signed up for?

Call and be very polite but firm... tell them that you are very unsatisfied with the service you%26#039;ve gotten so far on the calls you%26#039;ve made to them and are very displeased that you haven%26#039;t gotten your card in the mail yet. If you haven%26#039;t charged anything to this account yet then tell them that you want to cancel this account. Tell them you should not be charged for any of the fees associated with activation since you%26#039;ve never used the card. I say %26#039;tell%26#039; them because they%26#039;ll try to do everything to convince you to stay with them, and they may try to still get the fees out of you. If you are firm but polite most of the time you%26#039;ll get your way. It may drop your score just a little at first, but not in the long run. Everything you do shows on your credit; opening, closing and everything in between. But this company sounds like a bad deal, I%26#039;d cancel so as not to have to deal with them and to get your money back.



Can I completely cancel a credit card I just signed up for?

Most contracts have a cooling off period, check your contract it should be written there somewhere.



Can I completely cancel a credit card I just signed up for?

you have to pay an activation charge ??



here in england you dont pay for anything except what you spend and the interest you ae kindly given...



...CANCEL IT NOW !!!!!!!



Can I completely cancel a credit card I just signed up for?

I see this all the time on people%26#039;s credit reports. They have 1 month of activity with some bank like First Premier. Which means they didn%26#039;t read the fine print before mailing back the offer. And usually the initial fees are sitting in a collection status, even if the card was never used otherwise.



Be very careful how you do this. Never activate the card, first of all. But call them, tell them you are refusing the card, and that you will not pay the set up fees. See how it goes. Just don%26#039;t let it get to the point where you%26#039;re getting lates on your credit report over it.



But if you%26#039;ve never even received the card, they shouldn%26#039;t start charging you late fees etc... yet. That%26#039;s just crap. But this bank is crap. At least you figured that part out now. Next step is getting away from them before it%26#039;s too late.



Can I completely cancel a credit card I just signed up for?

You can cancel the card. Simply call them up and say you haven%26#039;t received it, and you want to cancel it the account. This won%26#039;t hurt your credit.



Can I completely cancel a credit card I just signed up for?

$179 activation fee sounds absolutely insane. I have had three credit cards from 1-3 years each and have never paid more than a dollar to the companies. But I%26#039;m not a heavy spender, so I don%26#039;t need miles or points. That said, I think you got royally hosed. Follow Lucky%26#039;s ^ advice and do some shopping online for a new card: I%26#039;ve had at least 5 offers in the last 6 months for no-fee cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment