twitter




Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What are good interest rates for a credit card?

Give me examples of low, average, and high rates.



What are good interest rates for a credit card?

A good rate would be anywhere from 9.99 to 11.99%. An average rate would be 11.99 to 14.99%. But some cards can be 7.99% or lower. You can find a complete list of low interest offers here:



http://www.asapcreditcard.com/low-intere...



Of course, don%26#039;t expect to get an APR of 7.99% if you don%26#039;t have perfect credit. The interest rate you recieve is highly dependent on your credit score...



Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!



What are good interest rates for a credit card?

anything UNDER 7% {Id go for 3.9% thats good}



watch out for credit cards, with some, all you have to do is THINK about renting a car and they soar up to 32%..I know loan sharks here in Vegas that charge less interest, seriously.!



What are good interest rates for a credit card?

The lowest rates for credit cards are around the prime interest rate (8.25%). Anything between that and 10% would be considered low. Average rates are 10-13%. High rates are up to 24.99%



I actually have one credit card with a 3.99% rate. It is not a teaser, (meaning it will go up in 6 months). This company sent me %26#039;checks%26#039; that carried this rate. I had previously carried a balance on this account at 8.99% (not a big one , but a balance. The hook for the credit card company was that my monthly payment would go to the lower interest rate balance first, extending the time I would be carrying my balance on the higher rate. When I got the checks, I paid of my previous balance fdrom my home equity line of credit, waited until it showed a zero balance, then wrote a check for the previous balance back to my home equity line. I was able to effectively change my rate from 9% to 4%.



Im sure they werent happy about the loophole I found.



What are good interest rates for a credit card?

Promotional rates would be the lowest and these can be anywhere from 0% to about 3 or 4%. However, they are usually only a temporary rate to get you to apply for the card.



Standard Rates



Low would probably be Under 9%



Average would be 9%-15%



High would be anything above 15%



There is also something called the %26quot;default%26quot; or %26quot;penalty%26quot; rate, which will be put in if you are late on a payment or go over your limit. This can be anywhere from 30% and up.



However, you can avoid ALL interest rates by paying the bill in full every month.



What are good interest rates for a credit card?

0% with no annual fee (normally 0% is for limited time) 7.99%to 9.99% is also good, goes all the way up to about 30%

No comments:

Post a Comment