twitter




Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What Credit score do I need to get the best rate without a co-signer?

I have around $30K in private student loans that I had my brother co-sign with me on. I am paying Prime + 0% which is really nice, but I wanted to consolidate and use the LIBOR rate(which is lower then prime, I would save over 2K in 10 yrs by dropping just 1% point). I have what I think is a very good credit score (~760) and wanted to get the best rate and try to avoid asking my brother to co-sign again. Is my score high enough to go in alone without and co-signer and get the best rate? Thanks in advance.



What Credit score do I need to get the best rate without a co-signer?

Your score is fine. It depends on what your score is made up of.



Credit score is based on the following;



1. Pay history 35%



2. Time in bureau 15%



3. New credit 10%



4. Type of credit used 10%



5. Debt to income ratio 30%



As you can see 1,2%26amp;5 are the most important as far as score is concerned.



The problem that people run into is that they have nothing to qualify them for what they are attempting to borrow money for. Lenders look for whats called %26quot;like credit%26quot; when they look at a application.



I see people every week with 700+ scores that are made up of nothing but 1 credit card with a $500.00 limit paid 15-times and a couple of student loans and I can%26#039;t get them approved to buy a car because they have no %26quot;like credit%26quot;.



Score is not everything no matter what anyone says.



What Credit score do I need to get the best rate without a co-signer?

Your score will be fine to get a loan wihthout a co-signer.



That%26#039;s assuming ofcourse that youv%26#039;e been paying your other accounts on time. Good luck.



What Credit score do I need to get the best rate without a co-signer?

You should be fine.... 800 is the best credit score!!



What Credit score do I need to get the best rate without a co-signer?

Generally the best loan rates are reserved for people with credit scores of over 720. So with a score of 760, you definitely have %26quot;A%26quot; credit and would qualify for the best rates. A few articles on msn.com and bankrate.com explain that once your score is over 720, it%26#039;s not worth the hassle to keep raising it...once it hits 720, you pretty much have complete clout in the credit world. However, I am assuming that you have stable income...because if you have a high credit score but no income, then you might not get the best rates, since a lot of private loans factor income and debt-to-income ratios into the equation when approving you for loan products.

No comments:

Post a Comment