twitter




Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I am refinancing my car and was wondering if paying off my credit card will get me a better interest

Will paying off my $900 balance on my credit card get me a better interest interest rate when I am about to refinance my car? should I close any open accounts that I never use before applying to refinance? My current interest rate is about 22%!! Do you have to prove employment when refinancing? my credit score is about 655. Thank you!! :)



I am refinancing my car and was wondering if paying off my credit card will get me a better interest rate ?

DON%26#039;T close open accounts that are in good standing, unless you can wait several months to refinance your car. Closing accounts in good standing actually LOWERS your credit rating because it alters the amount of credit available to you. And really old accounts in good standing HELP your credit rating. So if you still have your first credit card, and it is in good standing, then leave it open.



Second, what is the available credit limit on the card you owe $900 on? Having a balance less than 35% of the limit is considered good. A balance higher is bad, so pay some down if it above that percentage.



You do need to prove employment when refinancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment