twitter




Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Anyone knows something about Credit Cards with fixed rates? Thanks a lot !?

You won't find one. Credit card companies can raise your interest rates for any reason. It%26#039;s called Universal Default. They will offer you a low rate to sucker you in and then raise it.



Don%26#039;t play the credit card game. If you pay as you go and live on less than you make you will have money.



No payments = cash in the bank.



CHACHING!



Of course the bankers and their loyal followers are gonna tell you different.



Debt free is the way to be!



Anyone knows something about Credit Cards with fixed rates? Thanks a lot !?

Fixed rate credit cards are often fixed at 9.9 percent APR after the introductory period. While a fixed rate credit card might seem more appealing on the surface it is important to realize that banks can and often do change their %26quot;fixed%26quot; rate credit card rates by merely providing a 30 day written notice in a nondescript mailing or as a buckslip inserted into your monthly billing statement.



Anyone knows something about Credit Cards with fixed rates? Thanks a lot !?

Credit cards can be very useful, but I only use them when I will pay the balance off in full at the end of the month and I advise others to do the same because the fees they CAN legally charge are exorbitant. However, credit cards offer some advantages--such as helping out if a dispute arises, some will give you cash back, and some will offer a warranty or extend one on a purchase.



However, they can ALL charge you more with a mere 15 DAYS advance notice in writing. Here%26#039;s a good response to a different question I think you should check out:



http://bankrate.com/brm/green/cc/basics3…



%26quot;Universal default%26quot; actually requires that you miss or be late on SOME payment to someone to trigger a higher interest rate. You could be late on your mortgage or the electric bill, not even a credit card, and bam! The rate CAN go up legally. As I pay all cards in full before it%26#039;s even owed, I don%26#039;t have any such experiences to report, but when I get a card, I also make sure I can pay online and monitor the card usage. I watch it like a hawk.



At bankrate.com they have a tab for credit cards and you can see the fixed rates, read their articles on card issues, etc.



http://bankrate.com/brm/news/news_cc_hom…



is the direct link to the credit card portion.



While it can be to your advantage to have a card, you must be on the lookout for identity theft. You don%26#039;t want to add anyone as an authorized user (they can charge on the card but don%26#039;t have to pay). You have to be careful of the number--it can be stolen while the card is in your possession. I only use the card when I could just as easily write a check or pay cash--for convenience and for my cash back. I strongly encourage you do the same. I also never wait more than 7 days to check on the status of my cards online. Don%26#039;t ever do that on a computer that isn%26#039;t yours or with others hanging around. I don%26#039;t want to sound paranoid, but you must be very careful or you%26#039;ll spend a lot of time trying to undo someone%26#039;s mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment