twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

If I have bad credit, and I do mean BAD... where do I start for repairing it?

I have made some really bad decisions with money in the past and have been completely irresponsible with money to the extent that I can%26#039;t even get a bank account. I need some information on how to go about changing this. I don%26#039;t have much income as of yet, but as soon as both of my children are in school, I am going to be able to go back to work. I just need to know where to start, beyond getting a copy of my credit report (which has a rating of very poor).



If I have bad credit, and I do mean BAD... where do I start for repairing it?

This is what you do.



First...get a copy of your credit report, and start paying off any charge offs, collections, judgements etc. Call each one (start with the cheapest ones), get a payoff, give them your updated name, address, phone and ask them to send you a payoff, and then send them a check sent via certified mail....hold onto all of the documentation like gold.



When you get everything paid off:



Just pay all of your bills on time....I personally set mine up on bill-pay with my bank and I am never late...it is a huge life saver.



In time, you will see the results.



ANYONE can get there....but if you commit yourself, you can get out, one account at a time.



If I have bad credit, and I do mean BAD... where do I start for repairing it?

Start by saving 10% of your pay once you start working. Several banks %26amp; credit unions will allow you to have a savings account, just not a checking account.



Once you have some $$ saved get all 3 copies of your credit report. Contact your debtors %26amp; work out payment arrangements or negiotiate a payoff (if the balance is low enough).



Good luck!



If I have bad credit, and I do mean BAD... where do I start for repairing it?

first off get your credit report and see who you owe money to. Then start seeing if you can make arrangements to pay the money back. If you owe more then 20,000 i would suggest bankrupcty to get you back on your feet. but i have to tell ya they are really tough on what you can put in your bankrupcty. they no longer alow you to put any credit cards on there. it can take up to 2 years before they will give you credit again. Just work on it as best as you can. bad reports stay on your credit anywhere from 7-10 years good luck



If I have bad credit, and I do mean BAD... where do I start for repairing it?

start by paying the debts you have on time.



If I have bad credit, and I do mean BAD... where do I start for repairing it?

Go to the creditboards.com credit forum and read through the threads about how to repair credit. There are right and wrong ways to do it and that site has plenty of information to guide you along. It will take time but it will be worth it.



If I have bad credit, and I do mean BAD... where do I start for repairing it?

Try to avoid bankruptcy at all costs.



First, get a recent copy of reports from all 3 bureaus.



DISPUTE old information first. You will be surprised at how many 2nd and 3rd party debts can be deleted this way. Often times, debt is so old that it has been passed on to other agencies for collection. Check the statute of limitations in your state- there is a max of 7 yrs for something to remain on a report (in my state).



Next, see if you can work out a settlement with the remaining creditors. Usually, they will offer 50% of the original debt to be paid in one lump sum. There are other ways to work with them as well. You may want to keep the accounts that are in %26#039;good standing%26#039; open so that it will reflect positively on your report. Remember a good cushion of credit is important to have but if you close all of your accounts, then the cushion gets smaller and it looks like you have no credit at all.



Finally, save money while you are doing this. Putting a little away will help in the long run.



If I have bad credit, and I do mean BAD... where do I start for repairing it?

You may get your doubts very well clarified from http://moneytips.bestmoneymatters.info . Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment